PKNP has been concentrating on developing new commercial hubs and townships since its inception in 1965.
This is parallel with the objective of PKNP's incorporation which is to increase, drive, provide facilities as well as conduct economic and social development works especially in the rural areas for the prosperity of the people.
In addition, PKNP is responsible in providing convenient, organised and affordable business premises with leasing opportunities or priority of ownership to Bumiputera entrepreneurs at reasonable rates and within their means.
In order to realise the mission and goals of PKNP as a whole, the project and property development objective is to ensure that the development of commercials hubs, new townships, housing and shop lot projects, as well as property management, operate as revenue generators for PKNP by providing the products that meet the needs of the people.
Project Development and Property Management (PPD) are divided into four core functions :-
1) Development Centre for Rural Growth
- Developing and modernising rural areas via urbanisation process whereby identified traditional villages with potential to expand and grow will be developed to become PPD.
- The PPD development concept involves integrated efforts in providing infrastructure facilities, public amenities and support to centralise commercial and economic activities in the PPD.
2) Development of New Townships
Developing identified new townships as district administration centres as well as commercial hubs with comprehensive infrastructure and modern and complete business premises.
3) Housing and Shop Lot Development
Housing development sector is one of the biggest scopes undertaken by PKNP since its incorporation through developer's concept, Bumiputera land development and privatisation.
4) Property Management
PKNP is also instrumental in running and managing properties that are available for leasing particularly to Bumiputera entrepreneurs by offering business opportunities and conducive retail spaces based on their affordability across the state of Pahang. PKNP's types of properties include : -
- Industrial spaces and workshops
- Incubator buildings
- Office spaces
- Residential and Commercial Shops
- Shops and Social Booths